Besides the regular teaching at the PG and UG level and research the Department has been engaged in following
1. Refresher Courses-Dg the Xth plan period the Department organized .
2. Three refresher Courses sponsored by the university Grants Commission at the Academic Staff College,BHU.
3. Awards-Six teaches of the Department were honored with the different national awards during X Plan period.
4. Seminars- Two National Seminar were organized by the Department-
A. All india Seminar on Kavtytattva-2004
B Akhil Bharatiya Sangoshthi on Vedanga Vyakarana and Pratishakhya-February 2007.
5. Professor Shree Kishore Mishra was appointed as Member Secretary of Maharshi Sandipani Rashtriya
Pratishthan. Ujjain by the ministry of HRD. Govt. of India.
6 Printing of annual Research Joal-Sanskrit saudamani.
7. Wall Magazine in Sanskrit named- Tanvi came in form quarterly representing the creative Sanskrit writing
of UG,PG and research students of the Department.
8.Various Sanskrit competition such as Debate, Sanskrit Essay Writing,Recitation of Sanskrit Shlokas
were arranged annually under Sanskrit Divas and prizes were distributed to the successful students. Sanskrit
drama and various culture activities basd on Sanskrit lyrics and poems regularly held in the Department.
9. The teachers of the Department have attended about 100 national seminars and have been contributing to
them by means of presenting research papers in various sessions. A few of the teachers have also participated
in international conferences and have established their academic excellence by presenting research papers.