Visitors to the Department
||Dr. H. Rohana, President, Srilanka, FOGSI
||Dr. Kamal Ojha, St. George Hospital, UK
||Dr. Alka Kriplani, All India Institute
of Medical Science, New Delhi
||Dr. Hema Diwakar, Joint Secretary, Indian
College of AICOG
||Dr. Vineeta Das, Head of the Department
of KGMC, Lucknow
||Dr. Meena Dayal, Deptt. of Obst. &
Gynae., Allahabad Medical College
||Dr. Abhilasha Gupta, Head of the Deptt.
of Obst & Gynae, Meerut
Dr. Leela Sharma, Deptt. of Obst. & Gynae., Gorakhpur Medical
||Dr. Mera Agnihotri, UP Chapter
|| Dr. Usha Sharma, UP Chapter
||Dr. Chandrawati UP Chapter
|| Dr. N. Rajamaheshwari, Chennai,
President, Urogynaecology India
||Dr. Sarojini, Head of the Deptt.
of Obst & Gynae, Agra
|| Dr. Jaideep Mehrotra, Vice
||Prof. S. Arul Kumaran, President,
RCOG, UK visited the Deptt. on 03.01.2009 and delivered Guest lecture
on 'Instrumental Vaginal Delivery'
Distinguished faculty members from abroad and India visited
the department viz Prof. Trolley (Holland), Prof. Kurt Semm (Germany),
Prof. Jeffcoate (UK), Prof. Chambers (UK), Prof. Kamini Rao (Ex FOGSI
President), Prof. Alokendu Chatterjee, Dr. Narendra Malhotra, Dr. Jaideep
Malhotra, Prof. C.S.Dawn, Prof. Sunita Mittal, Prof. Alka Kriplani, Dr.
Hiralal Konar, Dr. H. D. Pai, Dr. Sanjay Gupte, FOGSI President, Dr. P.
C. Mahapatra (FOGSI President Elect)
The Department has organized 21st Annual Conference
of UP Chapter of Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological. Society
of India from 6-8th November 2009 at Swatantrata Bhavan, BHU, Varanasi.
Prof. Anuradha Khanna, Head of the Department was
organising secretary of UPCON.
CME held on Anaemia in Pregnancy
Academic Meeting held in 21.06.2009 Sunday in ILT-1
Topic : Infertility.
Speakers : Dr. Bharti and Dr. Shabaaz Daruwala from Pune.
Guest lecture held on 'Cerebro Vascular changes and its
complications during pregnancy at 3.00 PM.
Delivered by Dr. Vineeta Thakur from California (Alumni,
Urogynaecology & Menopuase 4.00 PM on 05.04.2009 at
Hotel Diamond, Bhelupur for IMS and VOGSI members.
Best Paper Award of 53rd AICOG Guwahati Assam held in January
2010 to Prof. Anuradha Khanna.
The department has conducted following symposiums :
1. Symposium on Intrauterine growth Restriction on 3rd January 2010.
2. Symposium on 'ART' (Artificial Reproduction Technology), Speaker -
Dr. Jaya Bhattacharya.
3. Problems in Menopause and Management held on 14th February 2010.
4. Progesterone role in Obstetrics and Gynaecology held on 13th March
2010, Speaker Prof. P. C. Mahapatra FOGSI President elect.
5. Role of Hysteroscopy in Infertility (golden Jubilee IMS) held on 14th
March by Prof. Treasurer).
6. On 4th March - web conference for FOGSI Bangalore on PPH (Post Partum
7. On 5th April 2010 workshop on contraception at IMKA with IMS and department
of Obstetrics & FOGSI collaboration.
Speaker : Dr. Sadhana Gupta from gorakhpur and
Prof. Anuradha Khanna.
8. On 23rd May, workshop on 'Critical
care in Obstetrics and Eclampsia'.
9. On 12th June: Benign, Prevent, discuss and Ca Breast Management.
10. 26th June "Induction of Ovulation and donor IVF' by Dr. Gautam
Allahabad, Director of Rottanda Infertility Centre Mumbai.
11. On 14th July: Debate in controversies in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
12. On 4th July - 'Role o Micronutrient in male and female infertility.
13. On 25th July 'Medicolegal conference'
14. Dr. Sunita Mittal, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, All
India Institute of Medical Sciences, delivered a lecture during Golden
Jubilee Celebration in Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University
on 19th march 2010. Topic' Medical abortion and guidelines and Adolescent
The Department plans to develop advanced
post Graduate Training centres in Reproductive Medicine, to establish
research laboratory for genetic & immunological tests, to conduct
research in newer methods of Contraceptive Technology.
Currently the Department is strengthening
the units of Gynaecological Oncology, Maternal, Fetal and Minimal access
Recently the Department has been renovated
and is equipped with modern gazettes for various investigations in Obstetrics
The Department is actively involved in Training on :
- Family Planning
- MCH Care
- AIDS Prevention
- Cancer Detection