Department of Pathology
Division of Histopathology and Cytopathology
- Histopathology and Cytology sections efforts for
establishing Immuno-histochemistry for the diseases of undifferentiated
tumours and Lymphomas is going on.
Division of Haematology
- Enhancement of leukemia research
by starting immuno-phenotyping and cytogenetics, which is prerequisite
for bone marrow transplantation.
- High performance liquid chromatographic
studies (HPLC studies) for variant hemogloinopathies.
- Bleeding and coagulation disorders
with special reference to Antiphospholipid antibodies and Hypercoagulable
Division of Immunopathology
- Immunopathology unit has planned to develop
molecular Immunopathology for diagnosis of tumour, and infectious disease
and tissue typing for solid order transplantation by PCR and for seeing
the molecular variation in HLA antigen by PCR in various diseases.
- Immunophenotype of lymphocyte in diagnosis of
immunodeficiency diseases by flow cytometry and cross matched test by
flow cytometry which is more sensitive method for renal transplantation.
- Development of automatic ELISA test by automatic
- Development of myeloma typing by immunofixation
for routine testing.