Department of Psychiatry
- NAMS - Membership Editor IPS Central Zone
- President - IPS Central Zone
- Marfatia Award
- Bombay Psychiatry Silver Jubilee Award
- Poona Psychiatric Association Award
- Tara Naidu Award
- Central Zone Association Award
- Child Psychiatry ward
- De-addiction Unit
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Community Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Rehabilitation setup & Upgradation of
- Started Psychiatry services in 1965 as a section
of the Department of Medicine.
- On 16th November 1971 Prof. GM Carstairs (President
of the World Federation of Mental Health) inaugurated the Department
of Psychiatry as a separate Department of lMS, BHU.
- Launching Postgraduate training programme
MD (Psychiatry) in September 1971.
- Starting of Ph.D. programme in clinical psychology
- Postgraduate MD (Psychiatry) degree recognized
by MCI in 1998.
- Starting Mahamna Jyoti Kendra (De-addiction
Centre) in November 2003.
- Starting Evening Paid Clinic in the year 2006.