DEPARTMENT OF SWASTHAVRITTA AND YOGA
Preventive & Social Medicine and Yoga
Nature Cure is a treatment modality, where natural
measures are used for the maintenance of health and cure of the diseases.
1. Life force or vital force is responsible for the maintenance of health.
2. Accumulation of toxins leads to depletion of life force and disease
3. Body has its power to heal by itself " Vis Medicatrix Naturae".
4. Body and mind are integral.
5. Cure is not possible without cleansing of the body.
Panchamahabhuta Siddhanta for the
1. Prithvi (Earth)- Mud therapy
2. Ap (Water)- Hydro-therapy
3. Agni (Fire)- Sun therapy (Helio -therapy)
4. Vayu (Air)- Air bath and Pranayama
5. Akasha (Ether)- Fasting
Along with these therapies healthy diet
comprising of positive foods with generous amounts of fruits and vegetables
and sufficient quantities of water are essential for maintenance of health
and cure of acute and chronic diseases.