Ten Lousy reasons not to give blood:
1. I am afraid to give blood.
For every thing there is first time. Try it once and
you will wonder you ever hesitated.
2. Other people must be giving enough blood.
You can gamble on your life on that assumption but
please do not gamble on others people's life.
3. My blood is not Right type
All type of blood is right type. Both rare and common
group blood is needed all time.
4. They would not want my blood because of illness
I have had.
If you have doubts the staf on duty will review your
medical history with you.
5. I do not have enough blood to spare.
If you are healthy you have enough blood. You can
regularly donate every 3 months without any problems..
6. My blood is not rich enough.
A sample of your blood is checked before you
donate .If you are found unfit,at least you know the couse and can correct
7. I am afraid being turn down.
If you are medically unfit that's OK. At least
you you have tried. You can try again at later date. The need for blood
never runs out.
8. You will take too much and I will feel
The amount taken is less than a pint , replaced
within few hours in your body. You can continue your usual activities
9. My Insurance covers Blood I may need.
The whole point of donating blood is to have
it on hand when it is needed. All the insurances in the world will be
useless if no blood is available.
10. I am too busy.
Possible the lousiest excuse ever invented. We can
make the time if really want to.