Department of Dravyaguna
In view of the growing awareness on medicinal plants of Ayurvedic classics,
following priority/ thrust areas have been identified:
- Comprehensive study of the unpublished manuscripts
lying in the various libraries in our country and neighboring nations.
- Publication of the critical edition of all such manuscripts
after obtaining their copies from visiting the Libraries.
- Identification of all such medicinal plants which
have still controversy on their identity with the help of manuscripts.
- Conservation of all such medicinal herbs for expansion
and transmission of knowledge to next generation.
- Ascertainment of properties and action of all such
unexplored drug substance not recorded in Ayurvedic classics.
- Use of Ancient wisdom and modern technology to categories
Rasas present in a plant drugs through chemo- sensory research technology
- Development of quality standard drugs of plant origin
for safe use and best efficacy with the help of advanced technology
without using any kind of solvent i.e. Carbon extractor.
- A reference museum of international standard consisting
of useful part of the plants with all details.
- Renovation of the existing Medicinal Plants
Garden for conservation of Live Plants of Ayurvedic Classics for practical
training and research.
- Experimental and Clinical evaluation of Ayurvedic
Drugs as per the principles of Dravyaguna Vijnana