Department of Geography, Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221005, U.P., India
Ph.: +91-0542-2570928, Mob.: +91-9838 461202.
| Academic Qualifications |
|S.No.||Degree|| Institution|| Year|
|i ||High School ||U.P. Board, Allahabad ||1966|
|ii ||Intermediate ||U.P. Board, Allahabad || 1968|
|iii ||B.A. ||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi ||1973|
|iv ||M.A. ||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi|| 1975|
|v ||Ph.D. ||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi|| 1981|
|Area of Specialisation: |
Population & Urban Geography, Environmental Studies
Project/s undertaken as PI/Co-PI
Solid Waste Disposal: Dimensions of the Problems & Remedial Measures (Co Investigator)
1. Cultural Exchange Programme Fellowship (to Visit Hungary), 1994-95
2. Post Doctoral Fellowship in a UGC sponsored Project: SMIADP, April 1980 to Oct. 1982.
List of selected/ major publications (Max. 10; in perfect/full citation):
- Singh, J. 1990. Regional Agricultural Disparities in Uttar Pradesh. The National Geographical Journal of India, vol. 36 (3): 199-210.
- Singh, J., Srinet, A.S. and Kumra, V.K. 1992. Urban Environmental Crisis: A Study of Bhopal Gas Tragedy. Transactions of the Institute of Indian Geographers, 14 (2):113-125.
- Singh, J. and Kumra, V.K. 1995. Utilisation Pattern of Health Care Facilities in Rural Areas of Varanasi. Geographical Review of India, 57 (2): 156-168.
- Singh, J. and Singh, R.C. 1996. A Study of Fertility Pattern and Family Planning in Rural Families of Varanasi District (Uttar Pradesh). National Geographical Journal of India, 42 (1-2): 133-144.
- Kiss, Eva and Singh, J. 1997. Changes in Rural Life and Living Conditions in Hungary: A Case Study. National Geographical Journal of India, 43 (4): 332-346.
- Singh, D.N. and Singh, J. 2004. Studies on Solid Waste Disposal and Management: A Review. Annals of the National Association of Geographers, 24 (2):74-90.
- Singh, J. 2009. Literacy as a Key Factor in Development. National Geographical Journal of India, 55 (4): 25-34.
- Singh, J. and Singh, D.N. 2010. Perception of Solid Waste as an Environmental Problem: A study of Varanasi City. National Geographical Journal of India, 56 (3-4): 57-70.
- Singh, Kanchan and Singh, J. 2011. Fertility and Adoption of Two-Child Family Norm in Rural Women of Deoria District (U.P.). National Geographical Journal of India, 57 (2): 23-32.
- Singh, J. and Chauhan, Alok (2011). Regional Disparities in Levels of Development in Rajasthan. Transactions, Journal of the Institute of Indian Geographers, 33 (2), pp. 231-245.
1. Chief Warden, City Delegacies, B.H.U.
2. Vice President, The Deccan Geographical Society of India.
3. Dy. Co-ordinator, DRS Programme, Department of Geography, Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu