Dr. JADI BALA KOMARAIAH
Residence: L- 28, TULSIDAS COLONY, B.H.U. CAMPUS, VARANASI- PIN – 221 005, (U.P.)
Phone (Res.): 0542-2366684
A - Research Area: Tribal Development, Labour Economics, Regional Economics, Agricultural Economics & Entrepreneurship
B - Number of Publications: National/ International:
C - Major Publications (Maximum five publications):
1. Cultivation of Medicinal Plants (2012) Shree Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, (ISBN: 978-81-8329-418-8).
2. Economic Reforms and Tribal Entrepreneurship (2008) Shree Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi. (ISBN: 978-81-8329-290-0).
Papers/Chapters in Books:
1. J. B. Komaraiah & Ms. Harshit Topno (2014) A Survey on Attributes and Factors Affecting on the Affordable Housing: An Analytical Review, International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics and Management, Volume, 4, Issue No II, November (ISSN: 2231-4245)
2. J. B. Komaraiah & Ms. Shree Priya Singh (2014) Employment Status of Teaching Positions of Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) in Selected Central Universities in India, IOSR Journal of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Volume 19, Issue 5, Ver. III (May. 2014), pp. 54-63, e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845, www.iosrjournals.org
3. J. B. Komaraiah & Ms. Shree Priya Singh (2014) Reservation Provisions and Safeguards in Employment and Promotion of Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) in Universities and Educational Institutions in India" ZENITH International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research , ISSN 2231-5780 Vol.4 (12), December (2014), pp. 165-187 Online available at zenithresearch.org.in
4. Vinod Kumar & Dr. J. B. Komaraiah, (2014) Promotion of Foreign Tourism through the Indian Railways: Consumer Based Case Study, Journal of Contemporary Asia and Europe, Volume XI, No. 1 &2, January to December, 2014.
5. Vinod Kumar & Dr. J. B. Komaraiah (2014) Role of Indian Railways in Promotion of Tourism in India: A Case Study of Foreign Tourists, IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Volume 19, Issue 1, Ver. IX (February, 2014), pp. 22-32, e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845, www.iosrjournals.org
6. J.B. Komaraiah (2012) Impact of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol. 65, No.2, April –June, 2012 pp. 181-186. ISSN:0019-512X
7. J.B. Komaraiah & Vikas Asthana (2011) Role of Knowledge and Skills in the Growth of Information Technology and Information Technology Enabled Services for inclusive growth in India, Indian Economic Journal, Special Issue, December, 2011 (ISSN: 0019-4662) pp.398-407.
8. J.B. Komaraiah & Vikas Singh (2010) Employment Generation through Rural Non-Farm- Sector: Challenges and Opportunities, Indian Economic Journal, Special Issue, December, 2010 (ISSN: 0019-4662), pp.58-65.
9. Udai Bhan Singh & J. B. Komaraiah (2009) Micro Finance and Women Empowerment, International Journal of Development Studies, Volume-1, Issue- 2, July – December, 2009, pp. 131-145 (ISSN: 0975-5799).
10. Udai Bhan Singh & J. B. Komaraiah (2014) “Does Participation in Self- Help Groups Affect the Decision Making Freedom on Investment of Loans in Income Generating Activities?: Evidences from Village Level Data”, in (ed) Devojit Phukan & Bedabrat Saikia “Gender Issues and Status of women in India” Avon Publications, New Delhi, (ISBN:978-8183-926-3)
11. J. B. Komaraiah (2011) Poverty reduction strategies for inclusive growth: with special reference to Uttar Pradesh state in India, in (ed) T. Sankaraiah, “Poverty Trends and Challenges” Discovery Publications, (ISBN: 9788-1835-691-49)
12. J. B. Komaraiah (2011) Participation of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Rural Development Programmes for Inclusive Growth in India in Rajas Parchure, S. N. Thripathy & J. R. Ambewadikar (ed) Excluded People in India: Problems and Prospect, Mangalam Publishers, (ISBN: 81-89972-36-3).
13. J. B. Komaraiah (2009) Development of Health Tourism In India: Opportunities and Challenges, in Biviraj Bhushan Parida & Sitakanta Mishra., (ed) Innovation in Tourism: Competitiveness and Sustainability, IFCAI University Press, Hyderabad, 2009, (ISBN: 978-81-3141-461-3).
14. J. B. Komaraiah & Rinki Sharma (2008) Health Care Infrastructure in The Context of Globalisation in India, in Talwar Sabanna, (ed) Service Sector and Globalisation, Serials Publications, New Delhi., 2008, (ISBN: 978-81-8387-140-2).
15. J. B. Komaraiah, G. D. Mishra & Mamta Yadav (2008) Price and Cost Structure of Secondary Schools: A Case Study of Uttar Pradesh, in Anil Kumar Thakur and Md. Abdus Salam, (ed) Economics of Education and Health in India, Deep and Deep Publishers, New Delhi, 2008, pp.131-149 (ISBN: 978-81-8450-042-4).
16. J. B. Komaraiah, (2008) Rethinking Growth Strategy in the Case of Tribal Health in India, in (ed) Mishra, R.K. & Nandita Sethi, “Development Convention- 2008 on Rethinking India’s Growth Strategy Services vs Manufacturing” Volume, I, Concept Publishing Company, New Delhi, 2008 (ISBN: 81-8061-549-2).
17. J. B. Komaraiah, (2008) Development of Pharmaceutical Sector in India: Trends, Opportunities and Challenges in (ed) Mishra, R.K. & Nandita Sethi, “Development Convention- 2008 on Rethinking India’s Growth Strategy Services vs Manufacturing” Volume, I, Concept Publishing Company, New Delhi, 2008 (ISBN: 81-8061-549-2).
D - Conferences/ symposia/ seminars attended: 65
E - Courses Taught: Development Economics, Indian Economy, Money and Banking & Research Methods
F- Membership: Life Member (08)
1. Indian Economic Association (IEA)
2. Indian Society of Agricultural Marketing (ISAM)
3. All India Commerce Association (AICC)
4. Indian Institute of Geographers (IIG)
5. Association of Agriculture Medicine and Rural Health in India (AAMRHI)
6. Indian Association for Social Sciences and Health (IASSH)
7. U.P. and Uttaranchal Economic Association (UPUEA)
8. Transitional Economic Association (TEA)
G- Administrative posts held:
1. Warden, Acharya Narendra Dev (AND) Hostel, FSS, BHU, from August 1, 1999 to July 31, 2005 (Two terms).
2. Students Advisor, Faculty of Social Sciences, BHU during 2003 -2006.
3. Member/Secretary of Various Committees at Department, Faculty and University Levels
4. Placement Cell of the Department