The department has many firsts in its credit
1. First to introduce ENT as separate subject
in MBBS curriculum.
2. First to understand the importance of microsurgery in ENT practice
(first in the state to acquire an operating microscope).
3. First in India to have a post of Professor of Otology so that proper
training of microsurgery of ear could be
imparted to PG students.
4.First in state to organize National Conference of Association of Otolaryngologists
of India (1970).
5. First in state to have international collaborations.
6. First to be recognized by G.M.C. of UK for MBBS training in ENT.