The Law School has a library rich in books and journals. It possesses more than eighty thousand (80000)books including more than 135 national and International Research Journals. Latest issues of the journals are regularly displayed on the display rack kept in the Reading Hall of the Library.
To provide Internet access to users of library. ‘Cyber Judice’ was established for students in the year 2005.
On line & Legal Databases
or on image above to access
Ram Kumar Dangi
Assistant Librarian & In-charge
Phone: 0542-2307630 (O) 2307631, 9695358218 (M)
Academic Qualification: B.Sc. , LL.B.
Professional Qualification: Master of Library & Information Science, M.Phil
Chunni Lal: Professional Assistant (PA)
:Semi-Professional Assistant (SPA)
Dayalu Nath Upadhyay
Indra Kumar Singh: Library Attendant
Bhupendra Singh :Library Attendant
Following services are being provided by the library:
Reading Room Facilities
Student book loan library
Book bank for Social Welfare (for SC/ST Students)
Internet and Databases Search Service
Student Book Loan Library:
Student book loan library is a unit of law library. Collection of this unit is 3917 books. The unit established by donation of the Savita Paramkirti Saran Kothiwala Trust. Two books may be issued to each student at a time. The unit receives budget from three sources:
1. Donation from Trust Rs. 5000.00
2. Matching Grant from BHU Rs. 5000.00
3. Donation from Students @ 10% of Book cost issued to them.
Book Bank for Social Welfare (for SC/ST Students):
Book bank for social Welfare has 8955 books for welfare of the students, who belong to SC/ST category. These books were provided by the government of Uttar Pradesh. Ten books may be issued to each student, who belongs to said category.
The Library receives 29 Foreign and 34 Indian Journals/Reports.
Subscribed through Central Library, BHU
1. American Journal of Comparative Law (Quarterly): American Society of International Law, Massachusetts Avenue, N. W., Washington D. C.
2. American Journal of International Law (Quarterly): The American Society of International Law, 2223 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington DC.
3. British Journal of Criminology (Half yearly): Centre for Crime and Justice Studies, Oxford University Press.
4. Cambridge Law Journal (UK) (Three times a year): Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
5. Columbia Law Review (USA) (Monthly): Columbia Law Review, 435, West 116th street, New York.
6. Harvard Law Review (USA) (Monthly from November to June): The Harvard Law Review Association, Cambridge.
7. International and Comparative Law Quarterly (USA) (Quarterly): Cambridge University Press.
8. International Organization (USA) (Quarterly): Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
9. Law Reports (Entire Series) (UK) (Monthly): Universal Law Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
Part1: Appeal Cases
Part2: Chancery & Family Division
Part3: Queen?'s Bench Division
10. Law Quarterly Review (UK) (Quarterly): Thomson Sweet & Maxwell, 100 Avenue Road, Swiss Cottage, London.
11. UN Treaty Series: United Nations, Nations Unies, New York.
12. Proceedings of Annual Meeting of American Journal of International Law (USA) (Annual): American Society of International Law, Massachusetts Avenue, N. W., Washington D. C.
13. International Legal Materials (USA) (Bimonthly): American Society of International Law, Massachusetts Avenue, N. W., Washington D. C.
14. Modern Law Review (UK) (Bimonthly): Thomson Sweet & Maxwell, 100 Avenue Road, Swiss Cottage, London.
15. Public Law (UK)(Quarterly): Thomson Sweet & Maxwell, 100 Avenue Road, Swiss Cottage, London.
16. Public International Law (Germany) (Half Yearly): Public International Law, Springer Verlag, Gmbh. & Co., KG, Berlin.
17. Stanford Law Review (USA) (Bimonthly): Stanford Law Review, Stanford, California
18. Yale Law Journal (USA) (Monthly, Oct. to June): Yale Law Journal, Post Box 20825, New Haven, Connecticut.
19. Canadian Bar Review (Quarterly): The Canadian Bar Association 500 - 865 Carling Avenue Ottawa, Ontario
20. Adelaide Law Review (Australia) (Half Yearly): Adelaide Law Review Association
School of Law, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA
21. Commonwealth Law Bulletin (UK) (Quarterly): Commonwealth Secretariat, Marlborough House, Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5HX, UK
22. Nordic Journal of International Law (Netherlands) (Quarterly): Kluber Law International, London.
23. Southern California Law Review (Bimonthly): Law School, University of Southern California, California.
24. Srilanka Journal of International Law (Yearly): Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.
25. Sydney law Review (Quarterly): Faculty of Law, University of Sydney.
26. Texas Law Review (Seven times a year): School of Law Publications, University of Texas at Austin, Texas, USA.
27. University of Miami Law Review (Quarterly): University of Miami, School of Law, Coral gables, Florida.
28. University of New South Wales Law Journal (Three issues a year): Faculty of Law, The University of New South Wales, Sydney (Australia).
29. Victoria university of Wellington Law Review (Quarterly): Law Library, Victoria University of Wellington Post Box 3438, Wellington.
Subscribed through Central Library, BHU
1.All India Reporter (Two Copies)(Monthly): All India Reporter Ltd. Post Box No. 209, Nagpur-440012
2.Allahabad Law Journal (Fortnightly):All India Reporter Ltd. Post Box No. 209, Nagpur-440012
3. Annual Survey of Indian Law (Yearly): Indian Law Institute, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi.
4. Bombay Law Reporter (Monthly): Room No.81 (3rd floor). Old City Civil Court Building, Fort, Bombay-400032.
5. Calcutta Weekly Notes (Weekly): Weekly Notes Printing Works Private Ltd., 34, Ballygunge, Circular Road, Calcutta.
6. Criminal Law Journal (Monthly): All India Reporter Ltd. Post Box No. 209, Nagpur-440012
7. Current Indian Statues with supplements (Monthly): The Current Indian Statues, 36, Sector 9-A, Chandigarh.
8. Current Tax Bulletin (Monthly): Current Tax Bulletin, Lakhotia Group of Journals, F16, CIT Road, Kolkata.
9. Income Tax Reports (Weekly): Company Law Institute of India Pvt. Ltd., 88 Thyagaraya Road, Chennai.
10. Indian Factories and Labour Reports (Fortnightly): Law Publishing House, 39, Sheo Charan Lal Road, Allahabad.
11. Indian Factories Journal and Reports (Weekly): Laws of India Private Ltd., Chennai
12. Indian Journal of International Law (Quarterly): Indian Society of International Law, 7-8 Scandia House, New Delhi.
13. Labour and Industrial Cases (Monthly): All India Reporter Ltd. Post Box No. 209, Nagpur-440012
14. Labour Law Journal (Monthly): 1/74, Royapettah High Road, Chennai.
15. Lawyers (Monthly): Journal of Indian Law Institute, Tamilnadu Unit, High Court Building, Chennai.
16. Madras Law Journal (Weekly): M L J Office, Post Box No. 604, Mylapore, Chennai.
17. Company Cases (Weekly): Company Law Institute of India Pvt. Ltd., 88 Thyagaraya Road, Chennai.
18. Sales Tax Cases(Fortnightly): Sales Tax Cases, Commercial Laws of India Pvt. Ltd., 25, Gopalkrishana Ayyar Road, T Nagar, Chennai.
19. Supreme Court Journal (Weekly): ALT Publications, 16-11-418/3, Balaji Sadan, Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad-500036
20. Supreme Court Cases (Weekly): Eastern Book Company, 34, Lal Bagh, Lucknow.
21. Taxation (Monthly): 174, Jor Bagh, New Delhi-10003
22. Taxation Law Reports (Monthly): Post Box No. 209, Nagpur-440012
23. Uchch Nyayalaya Nirnaya Patrika ? Dandik (Monthly): Vidhi Sahitya Prakashan, Vidhi Vibhag, Vidhi aur Nyay Mantralaya, New Delhi.
24. Uchch Nyayalaya Nirnaya Patrika -Civil (Monthly): Vidhi Sahitya Prakashan, Vidhi Vibhag, Vidhi aur Nyay Mantralaya, New Delhi.
25. Uchchatam Nyayalaya Nirnaya Patrika (Monthly): Vidhi Sahitya Prakashan, Vidhi Vibhag, Vidhi aur Nyay Mantralaya, New Delhi.
26. Unreported Judgment (SC) (Fortnightly): The unreported Judgments, High Court Road, Jodhpur.
27. Scale (Weekly): LIPS Publications Pvt. Ltd., K-19, Jangpura Extn., New Delhi.
28. Weekly Law Reports (Weekly): Universal Law Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd., CFF-1A, Ansalís Dilkush Industrial Estate, G T Road, Delhi.
29. Crimes in India (Yearly): National Crime Records Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt of India, East Block-7, R K Puram, New Delhi,.
30. Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India (Yearly): National Crime Records Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt of India, East Block-7, R K Puram, New Delhi,.
31. Delhi Law Review (Yearly): Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
32. Indian Journal of Legal Studies (Yearly): Faculty of Law, University of Jodhpur, Jodhpur.
33. Journal of Indian Law Institute (Quarterly): Indian Law Institute, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi.
34. Banaras Law Journal (Half Yearly): Law School, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
CD-ROM DATABASES, ONLINE DATABASES AND ONLINE JOURNALS.
A. CD-ROM DATABASE
1. Law Encyclopedia: The Law Encyclopedia is an offline database. It contains Supreme Court Judgments from 1950 to 2006 and almost 2500 Central Acts and Rules. It also contains Criminal Judgments of all High Courts from 1970 to 2006.The database has been installed in five computers.
2. Cases on Dishonour of cheque: This is an offline database, contains full text judgments of Supreme Court and High courts with Headnotes.
B. ONLINE DATABASES
or on image above to access
Following law journals can be accessed on this site through BHU proxy server.
1. American Journal of Comparative Law 1952-2002
2. American Journal of International Law 1907-2005
3. American Journal of Legal History 1957-2001
4. American Journal of Police Science 1930-1932
5. Columbia Law Review 1901-2002
6. Crime and Justice 1979-2000
7. Criminal Science Monographs 1915-1923
8. Duke Law Journal 1957-2000
9. Duke Bar Journal 1951-1957
10. Harvard Law Review 1887-2002
11. Human Rights Quarterly 1981-1994
12. Universal Human Rights 1979-1980
13. International and Comparative Law Quarterly 1952-2000
14. Journal of Comparative Legislation and International Law 1918-1951
15. Journal of the Society of Comparative Legislation 1896-1917
16. Journal of African Law 1957-2000
17. Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology (1973-) 1973-2002
18. Journal of Criminal Law, Criminology, and Police Science 1951-1972
19. Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology (1931-1951) 1931-1951
20. Journal of the American Institute of Criminal Law & Criminology 1910-1931
21. Journal of Law, Economics, & Organization 1985-1997
22. Journal of Law and Economics 1958-2000
23. Journal of Law and Religion 1983-2003
24. Journal of Law and Society 1982-2000
25. British Journal of Law and Society 1974-1981
26. Journal of Legal Studies 1972-2001
27. Law & Social Inquiry 1988-2000
28. American Bar Foundation Research Journal 1976-1987
29. Law & Society Review 1966-2002
30. Law and Contemporary Problems 1933-2000
31. Law and History Review 1983-2002
32. Law and Human Behavior 1977-2002
33. Law and Literature 2002
34. Cardozo Studies in Law and Literature 1989-2001
35. Michigan Law Review 1902-2002
36. Modern Law Review 1937-2000
37. Oxford Journal of Legal Studies 1981-1998
38. Stanford Law Review 1948-2000
39. Supreme Court Economic Review 1982-2000
40. Supreme Court Review 1960-2000
41. Transactions of the Grotius Society 1918-1959
42. Problems of the War 1915-1917
43. University of Chicago Law Review 1933-2001
44. University of Toronto Law Journal 1935-2002
45. Virginia Law Register 1895-1928
46. Virginia Law Review 1913-2004
47. Yale Law Journal 1891-2002
Taylor & Francis group Journals: http://www.taylorandfrancis.com
The group provides access to following online journals through BHU proxy server.
1. Contemporary Justice Review
2. Criminal Justice Studies: A Critical Journal of Crime, Law and Society
3. Education and the Law
4. Entertainment Law
5. Environmental Claims Journal
6. Information & Communications Technology Law
7. International Journal of the Legal Profession
8. International Review of Law, Computers & Technology
9. Journal of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology
10. Journal of Human Rights
11. The Journal of Legal History
12. The Justice Professional
13. Police Practice and Research
14. Psychology, Crime and Law
15. Victims & Offenders
Project MUSE Journals: http://muse.jhu.edu/journals
Provides online access to following journals through BHU proxy server.
1.Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies (2003-)
2.University of Toronto Law Journal (2004-)
Other Online Journals available on BHU website:
Following Law Journals can also be accessed through BHU, Central Library website.
Computer Law and Security Reports.
European Business Organization Law Review.
European Constitutional Law Review.
Health Economics Policy and Law.
International Journal of Law and Psychiatry.
International Journal of Law in Context.
International Journal of Sociology of Law.
International Review of Law & Economics.
Journal of African Law.
Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law.
Leiden Journal of International Law
Netherlands International Law Review.
Netherlands Yearbook of International Law.
The Cambridge Law Journal.
Yearbook of International Humanitarian Law.