|Area of Specialisation: |
*Political Geography, Resource Geography, Regional Planning.
*Particularly interested in the study of Political Geography with the spatial politics of resource conflict, environmental-geopolitics, river water sharing among the states, and nation building in Africa and South Asia.
Award/ recognitions :
- Awarded Research Fellowship (2004-2007) from the University Grants Commission (UGC, New Delhi), in Geography.
- Life Member of the National Association of Geographers, India (NAGI).
- Life Member of the National Geographical Society of India (NGJI), Varanasi.
- Life Member of Eastern Geographical Society, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Member of Association of American Geographer (AAG), U.S.A., (2012-2013).
List of selected/ major publications (not more than 10; in perfect/full citation format)
Meena, Muraree Lal 2009. The Study of Arsenic Contaminated Groundwater at Chhaimalpur in North 24 Pargana, West Bengal. National Geographic Journal of India, Vol. 55 (3), September, 2009: pp. 81-91. (ISSN:0227-9374)
- Meena, Muraree Lal and Suman Singh 2011. Urbanizations in India and Its Impact on Environment, Indian Journal of Landscape System s and Ecological Studies, Vol. 34 (1), June 2011, ILEE, Kolkata, pp.543-550. (ISSN 0971-4170)
- Meena, Muraree Lal; Meena, Chitra and N. Verma 2011. South Asian Tsunami 2004: A Case Study of Tsunami Disaster Management in Sri Lanka in B.N. Singh et.al (ed.) Strategies for Sustainable Management of Disaster in India, Shree Publishers: New Delhi, pp. 335-344. (ISBN No. 978-81-8329-396-9)
- Verma, N. and Meena, Muraree Lal 2011. Geography and Disaster Management, in B.N. Singh et.al (ed.) Strategies for Sustainable Management of Disaster in India, Shree Publishers: New Delhi. pp. 59-67. (ISBN No. 978-81-8329-396-9)
- Singh, Suman and Muraree Lal Meena 2012. Nigeria, Encyclopedia of Energy, Salem Press: A Division of EBSCO Publishing Ipswich, Massachusetts Hackensack, New Jersey, USA. pp. 918-921. (ISBN: 978-1-58765-849-5)
- Singh, Suman and Meena, Muraree Lal 2012. Zambia: Geography of Energy, Encyclopedia of Energy, Salem Press: A Division of EBSCO Publishing Ipswich: New Jersey, USA, pp. 1381-1383. (ISBN: 978-1-58765-849-5)
- Bhattacharya, Rituparna; Meena, Muraree Lal and Singh, Suman 2013. Some Reflections of the Geographies of Socio-Economic Impact of the Kosi River Floods, 2008. Journal of Earth Science and Engineering, David Publishing: EL Monte, USA. Vol. 1 (2013), pp. 57-65. (ISSN: 2159-581X)
- Muraree Lal Meena., 2013. Ethiopian Montane Moorlands; in Robert Warren Howarth et. al (ed.) Biomes & Ecosystems, Salem Press: A Division of EBSCO Publishing Ipswich: New Jersey, USA. pp. 554-556. (ISBN: 978-1-4298-3813-9)
- Muraree Lal Meena, 2013. Rann of Kutch Seasonal Salt Marsh; in Robert Warren Howarth et. al (ed.) Biomes & Ecosystems, Salem Press: A Division of EBSCO Publishing Ipswich: New Jersey, USA, pp. 1041-1043. (ISBN: 978-1-4298-3813-9)
Special Course on "Comprehensive Natural Disaster Risk Management Framework" Web-based Course of 6 Weeks (13 September to 24 October 2010) successfully completed.
Jointly organised by NIDM, New Delhi & World Bank Institute, Washington, DC.