|Area of Specialisation: |
Geography Education, History of Geography, Social and Political Geography and South Asia
Project/s undertaken as PI/ Co-PI :
Completed Projects (As a Co-PI)
1. Community Participation in Natural Resource Management in Chopan Block of District Sonbhadra, U.P. ...Sponsored by DST, New Delhi.
2. Participatory Integrated Watershed Management for Rudra Gad and Gadmola Gad of District Garhwal, Uttarakhand... Sponsored by UGC, New Delhi.
Project Going on (As a PI)
1. Evolving women's participation for integrated area development of Khul Gad Micro-watershed , Kumaon Himalaya, Uttarakhand. --Sponsored by UGC, New Delhi.
Award/ recognitions :
Life Member of (i) the National Geographical Society of India, Varanasi, (ii) the National Association of Geographers, India (NAGI), and (iii) Eastern Geographical Society, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
List of selected/ major publications (not more than 10; in perfect/full citation format)
Singh Suman 2009. Janpad Sonbhadra: Waywasayik sanrachna evan mahilawo ki sahbhagita, JHSS, Journal of Humanities & Social Sciences Vol. (V) January, pp. 40-46. (ISSN: 0974-8806).
- Singh, S.B.; Singh Suman; Singh B. Shyam; Juyal R. and Chandramauli 2009. Stakeholders' Need Assessment and Comm-unity Participation: A Case of Harra and Ramgarh Villages of Chopan Block, Sonbhadra District, National Geographic Journal of India, Vol: 55(3) September, pp.23-30 (ISSN: 0027-9374)
- Singh, S.B.; Singh, Suman; Singh, B. Shyam; Juyal R. and Chandramauli 2009. Sustainable Development Plan for Fragile Himalayan Ecosystem: A Case of Garhwal Himalaya, The Eastern Geographer, Utkal University, Orissa Vol: XV, June, pp.89-92. (ISSN: 0973-7642).
- Singh Suman and Chandramauli 2009. Managing Fragile Ecosystems through IWM: A Case of Rudra Gad and Gadmola Gad of District Pauri Garhwal, Uttrakhand, National Geographic Journal of India, Vol. 55 (2) June, pp. 93-100. (ISSN: 0027-9374)
- Singh, S.B.; Singh, Suman; Singh B. Shyam; Juyal R. and Chandramauli 2010. Sustainable Strategy for Hill Area Development: A Case of Rudra Gad Watershed of Garhwal Himalaya, The Geographer, Vol: 57(1), January. (ISSN: 0072-0909)
- Singh, S.B.; Juyal, R; Singh, Suman, Singh B. Shyam and Chandramauli 2010. Community Based Natural Resource Management in Chopan Block of District Sonbhadra, U.P.: An Appraisal, National Geographic Journal of India, Vol:56(2) June, pp.27-36. (ISSN: 0027-9374)
- Bhattacharyya R.; Vauqline, Polly; Singh, Suman 2011. Towards a Socially Sustainable India: An Analysis of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, in B.N. Singh et.al (ed.) Strategies for Sustainable Management of Disaster in India, Shree Publishers: New Delhi. pp. 543-550. (ISBN No. 978-81-8329-396-9)
- Meena, Muraree Lal and Singh Suman 2011. Urbanizations in India and Its Impact on Environment, Indian, Journal of Landscape System s and Ecological Studies, Vol. 34 (1), June , ILEE, Kolkata, pp.543-550. (ISSN 0971-4170)
- Singh, Suman and Meena Lal Muraree 2012. Nigeria, Encyclopedia of Energy, Salem Press: A Division of EBSCO Publishing Ipswich, Massachusetts Hackensack, New Jersey, USA. pp. 918-921. (ISBN: 978-1-58765-849-5)
- Singh, Suman and Meena, Muraree Lal 2012. Zambia: Geography of Energy, Encyclopedia of Energy, Salem Press: A Division of EBSCO Publishing Ipswich: New Jersey, USA, pp. 1381-1383. (ISBN: 978-1-58765-849-5)
- Bhattacharya, Rituparna; Meena, Muraree Lal and Singh, Suman 2013. Some Reflections of the Geographies of Socio-Economic Impact of the Kosi River Floods, 2008. Journal of Earth Science and Engineering, David Publishing: EL Monte, USA. Vol. 1, pp. 57-65. (ISSN: 2159-581X)