|S. No.|| Degree ||Institution|| Year|
|1. || P.G. ||Deccan college, Pune.|| 1983|
|2. || M. Phil/ Ph. D|| Deccan college, Pune.|| 1989|
A. Teaching Experience: 27 Years
B. Area of Specialization: Ancient Indian History
C. Number of Ph. D. Supervised: 4
D. Number of Publications:
Book-1, Monograph-1, Translated book- 1
In Journals-18,, in edited books-5, in popular magazines-5,
Presidential address of Maharashtra Itihas Parishad, Ancient India section, published in the proceedings.
E. Major publications(Maximum five publications in details):
Articles in edited Books:
1."Changing land use patterns : A study with historical perspective" ,in 'Interdisciplinary advances in geography' (eds.) Sharma P. R., Yadav R. S and V. N. Sharma ,R. K. Books, New Delhi, 2012.
2. ''Time in Indian Tradition: A Note on Mahabharata' in 'Time in the Indian Context: Diverse Perspectives' (eds.) Patnaik P., Chatterjee, S.C. and D. Suar, D. K Printworld, New Delhi, 2009
3. 'Revisiting Dharmashastras during the Colonial Period' in 'Women in Dharmashastras: A Phenomenological and Critical Analysis' (ed.) Padia, C., Rawat Publishers, New Delhi, 2009
Articles in journals:
1. " Tradition of ancient Indian art in relation to Time : A case study of Konark Sun Temple'' ,in 'Research Today : A Journal of Humanities & Social Sciences' , Vol. 1 (Jul-Dec), Varanasi ,2012
2. "Study of Inscriptions of the Konkan Shilahars from the feminist
perspective" in 'Journal of History and social sciences'. Vol. II, Issue I. January-June, 2011
F. Research project: None
G. Courses /Symposia /Seminars attended : 20
H. Courses and Papers Taught:
History B.A. Sem I, 'History of India from earliest times to Mauryan period'
History Sem I Ancillary: 'History of Ancient India'
History B.A. Sem II: 'History of India from Shunga to Gupta period'.
History B.A. Sem III: 'History of North India from 600 to 1200 AD'.
History B.A. Sem IV: 'History of South India from 600 to 1200 AD'
History M. A.: Sem I: 'State and Governance in Ancient India'.
History M. A.: Sem II: 'Governance in Ancient India.'
History M. A.: Sem III: 'Society, Culture and Religion in Ancient India.'
'Aspects of Economic life in Ancient India'
'Ancient Indian Historiography and Sources.'
'Science, Technology and Medicine in Ancient
History M. A.: Sem IV:
'Historians and Historiography in Ancient India.'
I. Academic/personal membership:
1. Life member of Numismatic society of India
2. Life Member of Indian History Congress, India, New Delhi.
3. Life Member of Place Names Society of India, Mysore.
4. Life Member of Epigraphical Society of India, Mysore.
5. Life Member of Orissa History Congress, Bhubaneshwar.
6. Life Member of Mudra Bharti, Mumbai.
J. Administrative responsibilities held:
Extra Curricular and Co-curricular activities:
1. 2008- Course Coordinator of 9th Refresher Course in Women's Studies at the Academic Staff College, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
2. 2007-8-Course Coordinator for the environmental studies at BA level Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
3. 2007 – State Contingent Leader for 'Yuva Bharat camp', organized by Ministry of Youth affairs and Sports, Government of India.
4. 2007 – Course Coordinator of 8th Refresher Course in Women's Studies at the Academic Staff College, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
5. 2005 - 2009 – Programme Officer, NSS (National Service Scheme) at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
6. 2004 - 2010 – Member of Sexual Harassment Complaints Committee, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
7. 2006 – Lady Team Manager, East Zone Inter-university Youth Festival, held at BITS, Meshra, Ranchi
8. 2004 – Lady Team Manager, East Zone Inter-university Youth Festival, held at Manipur University
K. Honors and Awards:
2013 -President, Ancient India Section, Maharashtra Itihas Parishad.
2013-14: Fulbright-Nehru visiting lectureship.