Residence: #301, Neelkanth Apartment, B-173, Brij Enclave,
Sunderpur, VARANASI-221005 (UP) India
Phone (Res.): 0542-2317733
|S.No.|| Degree|| Institution ||Year|
|1. ||MA ||
University of Delhi ||1987|
|2. || M.Phil./Ph.D||
Jawaharlal Nehru University|| 1995|
A - Research Area: Political Theory and Thought; Democracy and Justice.
B - Number of Publications: National/ International: 15
C - Major Publications (Maximum five publications):
Mohanty, Amarnath, 2011, Justice, Democracy and the State in India: Reflections on Structure, Dynamics and Ambivalence , Routledge (Simultaneously published in India & UK),[ISBN978-0- 415-67797-4]
Published Research Papers:
* Mohanty, Amarnath, "Affirmative Action in India: An Alternative Perspective", Economic and Political Weekly, Vol.XLII, No.30, July28, PP.3151-3157, [ISSN 0012-9976].
* Mohanty, Amarnath, "From Passive Revolution to Possessive Individualism: Tracing Trajectory of India’s Political Economy", Review of Development and Change, Vol. IX, No.2, July- December, PP.185-219, [ISSN-0972- 2661].
* Mohanty, Amarnath, 2005, "Nationalist Discourse and the Peoples of Arunachal Pradesh", in S. Datta and P. Mandal (eds.) Development and Displacement in the North-Eastern Part of India (Delhi: Himalayan Publisher). (PP. 1-13), [ISBN-81-86393-49-8].
* Mohanty, Amarnath, "Democracy and Development in Arunachal Pradesh", in M. Sharma (ed.) Economy of Arunachal Pradesh: Problems, Performances and Prospects, (DVS Publishers, Guwahati), (PP.122-147), [ISBN- 978-81-86307-18-2].
D - Conferences/ symposia/ seminars attended: 60
E - Courses Taught:
1. Third World Political Theory;
2. Political Ideologies;
3. Feminist Political Theory.
F - Membership: Indian Association of Political Science
G - Administrative posts held: NA
H - Honours & Awards: