Dr. Tushar Singh
Assistant Professor |
FF- 2, Jodhpur Colony, In Front of Faculty Guest House,
B. H. U. Campus, Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi, U. P. India 221005
|Sl. No.|| Degree|| Institution|| Year|
|1 ||P. G.|| University of Allahabad ||2003|
|2 ||D.Phil|| University of Allahabad ||2010|
A. Teaching experience (in years): 7 years
B. Areas of specialization: Cognitive Psychology, Emotion and Cognition
C. Number of M. Phil/Ph. D supervised: Four (Ongoing)
D. Number of publications (National/International): 5 (National Journals); 1 (International); 8 (Book Chapters)
E. Major publications (Maximum five publications in detail)
Mittal, S., Singh, T., Y. K. Arya & Tiwari, M. K. (2013). Effect of emotional arousal on eyewitness memory. Indian Journal of Social Science Researches, 10(1), 24-30.
Srinivasan, N., Hopkins, N. P., Reicher, S. D., Khan, S. S., Singh, T., & Levine, M. (2013). Social meaning of ambiguous sounds influences retrospective duration judgments. Psychological Science, 24 (6), 1060-1062.
Singh, T. & Pande, N. (2007). Visual imagery, affect and problem solving. Psychological Studies, 52 (3), 244-247.
*PMMRG (2007). Living the Magh Mela at Prayag: Collective identity, collective experience and the impact of participation in a mass event. Psychological Studies, 52 (4), 293- 301.
*PMMRG (2007). Revisiting research practice in India. Psychological Studies, 52 (4), 302- 310.
*PMMRG (2007). Experiencing the Magh Mela at Prayag: Crowd, categories and social relations. Psychological Studies, 52 (4), 311- 319.
* PMMRG- Prayag Magh Mela Research Group (an Indo- UK collaborative group).
F. Research projects
New faculty startup grant, Banaras Hindu University, "Effectiveness of imagery rescripting in dealing with the cognitive-affective
SAP DRS-1, Department of Psychology, Banaras Hindu University "Determinants of time perception in cognitive affective
UGC (Major Research Project) "Effects of stimulus ambiguity, presentation duration, associated meaning and perceivers’ emotional state on time
G. Conference/symposia/seminars attended: 22
H. Courses and papers taught
Advanced Research Methodology and Psychological Assessment
1. Research Methods and Experimental Designs
2. Language, Memory and Thinking
3. Non-experimental & Correlational Methods
4. Affective Processes
5. Psychology of Adulthood & Ageing
6. Advanced Research Methods
7. Advanced Statistics
8. Forensic Psychology
9. Advanced Cognitive Psychology
B. A./ B. Sc.
1. Foundations of Psychological Processes
2. Applied Psychology
3. Experimental Methodology & Elementary Statistics
4. Psychology of Human Development
M. Sc. Forensic Science
1. Society and Crime- Sociological, Psychological and Criminological Factors Affecting Crime
Master of Tourism Administration
1. Communication and Personality Devlopment
I. Academic/ professional membership
1. National Academy of Psychology
2. National Association of Psychological Sciences
3. International Association of Psychological Sciences
4. International Association of Cross Cultural Psychology
5. Association for Psychological Sciences
J. Administrative responsibilities held
1. Member, Internal Quality Cell, Department of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
2. Member, Departmental Committee, Department of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
3. Member of the committee constituted for observing student amenities, Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
4. Member, Hostel Allotment Committee (For the session 2012-13 & 2013-14, 2014-15), Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
5. Warden, Raja Ram Mohan Roy Hostel (2012- present), Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
6. Member, Anti Ragging Committee (2012- Present), Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
7. Member, Faculty Admission Committee (For the session 2012-13 & 2013-14, 2014-15), Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
8. Member, Working Committee, International Seminar on "Lohia’s Vision & Challenges of The 21st
Century" held at Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University from October 10th to 12th, 2011.
9. Organizing Committee member of Various Conferences/ Workshops held at the Department of Psychology (2011- present), Banaras Hindu University.
K. Honors and awards received
Best Paper Awards:
Singh, T. (2013, December). Affective attributes of visual imagery. Paper based on Ph. D. Dissertation presented for
"D. N. Sinha Best Dissertation Award" at XXIII Annual Convention of National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela from December 13-15, 2013.
Singh, T., Arya, Y. K., & Pandey, R. (2012, January). Affective determinants of time perception: Role of emotional valence and arousal. Paper presented at the International Conference on Recent Advances in Cognition and Health, Department of Psychology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, from January 23-24, 2012.
Singh, T., Arya, Y. K., & Pandey, R. (2012, June). Determinants of time perception: Role of emotional state of the perceiver and valence of the perceived stimulus. Presented at 47th National & 16th International Conference of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology(IAAP), TIST, Arakkunnam, Ernakulam District, Kerala, India, from 15th
- 17th June 2012.
L. Special Invitee for the Board of Studies of Centre for Psychological Sciences, School of Human Sciences, Central University of Bihar.
M. Elected the "Executive Council" member of the National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), India for a term of two years (2014-2016).
N. Member of the Board of Studies/ Expert Committee for Centre for Psychological Sciences, School of Human Sciences, Central University of Bihar.
O. Member expert for the "Syllabus Framing Workshop" at the Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, Banaras Hindu University during August, 29-30, 2013.
P. Selected as "Emerging Psychologist" by the organizers of International Congress of Psychology, 2012 held at Cape Town, South Africa during July 22- 27, 2012.
Q. Selected for prestigious "Advanced Research Training Seminar (ARTS)" organized and supported by International Union of Psychological Sciences, International Association of Applied Psychology and International Association of Cross Cultural Psychology held at University of Stellenbosch, South Africa during July 18-19, 2012.
R. Expert Member, Assessment of G.D. & P.I. performance of the students of Master of Tourism Administration.